Thursday, June 25, 2009

Frank Costello: I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me. Years ago we had the church. That was only a way of saying - we had each other. The Knights of Columbus were real head-breakers; true guineas. They took over their piece of the city. Twenty years after an Irishman couldn't get a fucking job, we had the presidency. May he rest in peace. That's what the niggers don't realize. If I got one thing against the black chappies, it's this - no one gives it to you. You have to take it.



Billy Costigan: Look at it this way: You're a black guy in Boston. You don't need any help from me to be completely fucked. 


Uncle Ed: Are you trying to prove something to the family? 
Billy Costigan: When you say "the family," who do mean exactly? You? 
Uncle Ed: You always have to question everything, don't you? 
Billy Costigan: Maybe it would have done you some good to have some *questions* from time to time, you know? "Am I an asshole? Are my kids a mess? Is my wife a money-grubbing whore?" I mean, those are questions, right? "Have I ever been good to my dying sister or am I just now pretending to be?" 


Dignam: My theory on Feds is that they're like mushrooms, feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark 



Frank Costello: His uncle Jackie was. Yeah, you can't trust a guy acts like he's got nothing to lose. 



Frank Costello: I haven't "needed the money" since I took Archie's milk money in the third grade. Tell you the truth, I don't need pussy any more either...but I like it. 


"Honesty is not synonymous with truth.


Billy Costigan: Frank, how many of these guys have been with you long enough to be disgruntled, huh? Think about it. You don't pay much, you know. It's almost a fuckin' feudal enterprise. The question is, and this is the only question, who thinks that they can do what you do better than you? 










0 Responses to Frases Memorables - Movie The Departed: