Sunday, January 25, 2009

Labels: ,

El siguiente texto es de la segunda temporada de Boston Legal en el cual Allan Shore le recrimina a Shirley Schmidt que engañan a talentosos profesionales, para que den todo de si, creándoles falsas esperanzas de que serán socios... 



***

Shirley Schmidt: How dare you invade the province of a private partnership meeting?

Alan Shore: I’m sorry. I didn’t think an invitation was forthcoming.

Shirley Schmidt: There’s a lot you don’t know about the business of running a law practice, 
Alan. The first rule…

Alan Shore: It’s a business. I understand that Shirley. But it’s a service business, you don’t peddle widgets, you don’t push stocks, you sell your people, and as far as your people go I’ll take Jerry Espenson over…

Shirley Schmidt: Don’t give me…

Alan Shore: Well you need to hear it! I said nothing when you fired Sally Heep, who’s only infraction was to sleep with me! I made not a peep when you deftly ushered Lori Colson out of the firm! I even understood when you fired Catherine Piper, a woman I profoundly adore! I swallowed all of it because I know it’s a business. But to abuse a talented, selfless employee only because his social skills lack the polish! To allow him to work tirelessly under the delusion that he could make partner! A delusion you carefully nurtured so as to make piles of money off of him in the short term. That’s a betrayal, Shirley. Not just of Jerry, but of you! And your character! Which up till now I have considered undeniably decent.

There’s a saying Shirley, perhaps you’ve heard it. ‘All it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to say, “It’s a business.”’



0 Responses to Los que se aprovechan de los empleados talentosos... con promesas falsas: