Values and Commitments
- Inventory your specific values
- Asses how you are investing your resources: time, money, energy in the things you value
- Identify GAPS between your values and your commitments (in time, money, energy)
- Determine the causes of these gaps: perhaps you are taking obligations without considering the long term ramifications:
- Two conflicting commitments made simultaneously
- Let the others define my priorities.
- Change course: to avoid commitment crips: abandon or renegotiate on commitment for every new one.